Sunday, June 28, 2015

Why I hate 'top' stylists!

Okay, so le me wanted to get a quick haircut and rushed to Tony and Guy! The receptionist welcomed me with her usual fake smile. I told her I needed a quick hair cut and she guided me to the top (?) stylist and this is what happened :
Stylist: Hi!
Le me : Hi, I just want a quick haircut.
Stylist : Okay, mmm.. Which cut you'd like to have?
Le me : Short layer
Stylist : (analyzing my hair) No no no... Short hairstyle won't suit you!
Le me : ??? Wh..aa..tt! I'm sorry I've lived with a boy cut for 16 years!
Stylist : (pulls, twists, stares at my hair for five minutes) No, your hair is thick...
Le me : So..?
Stylist : You can go in for some hair softening treatment..
Le me : I'm really not into all that. All I need right now is a haircut.
Stylist : But short hairstyle won't suit you!
Le me : Okay, so can you suggest something for me?
Stylist : Err, no... I cannot suggest that... (Still analyzing my hair) You have hair-fall...
Le me : Yep, I just had a shower... so...
Stylist : Which shampoo and conditioner are you using?
Le me : L'oreal
Stylist : You can take some treatment for hair-fall. We offer...
Le me : (Irritatedly) Boss, I know about all the treatments you guys have but right now I'd like to have a haircut alone.
Stylist : No, why I'm saying is because your hair will reduce in volume..
Le me : Ji, I've been living with this hair for 25 years now. I have never gone in for any treatments and I'm totally contented with what I have.
Stylist : Okay, your wish.
Le me : Thanks! Would you please....
Stylist : Yeah sure (guiding me to the wash area)
Le me : Bbuutt.. But.. why?
Stylist : I want to wash your hair.
Le me : But I just had a shower!
Stylist : Your hair is dry... so...
Le me : You can still wet it!
Stylist : No no, I don't prefer that.
Le me : (picking my bag) I'm sorry I got no time for that! Thanks a ton!
Stylist : Drop in sometime!
Le me : *Left five minutes back* tongue emoticon
Should have been born a guy! You can walk into any nameless saloon and get the shortest haircut possible for 100 bucks flat (or even less than that) and still get that "Saar! Apadiye Ajith madiri irukeenga saar!" compliment!
Girls, what a curse!



No comments: